Wednesday 6 April 2011

Bad hair day

Ok so I though with having 2 boys that I wouldn't have to worry about what they were wearing. I wouldn't have the tantrums over 'bad hair' days. I stupidly thought boys  would be much easier........short hair cut at the Barber's and jeans and a T-shirt.....sorted!

WRONG!!!!


This morning I had an introduction as to what my youngest ( only 10 at the minute) is going to be like in his teenage years..........................I did not like it.

 I had decided to drive to school this morning ( yes LAZY I know, but give me a break I have ME/CFS) to which he spent the entire journey there looking in the mirror 'fixing' his hair. At the moment his hair is shorter than normal for a part in a play he is doing in early May. So I appreciate it's not his normal haircut, which is normally way too long and dishevelled. So trying to be nice I offered some help in fixing it, brushing it back slightly and straightening the front....as mum's do.

Well you would have though I had asked him to go out and kiss the next random girl that passed the car.
HIM    Do you honestly think I'm going out like that? 
ME      I'm just trying to help
HIM     Well don't you make it worse that just looks awful, I'm not going to school like that!

So I decided to tactfully let him do it himself and look like an eejit, after all I wasn't going into school, I was going home. So he ruffled it all up again until it looked like a 'bowl cut' ( people of a certain age will remember those with dread) and I got out of the car.

I then waited about 4-5 minutes while he continued to sort out the mop until, in my most calmest voice ,NOT, I asked him to get out of the car and let's get going. Even as he was closing the door he was still looking in the side door mirror....................God help me!!!!

If this is him at 10 he will be a lucky boy to make it to 11!

4 comments:

  1. And I thought I was going to have it easy with boy hair styles compared to girl hairstyles. Darn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amusing tale of teenagedom to come!!! I guess most of us as teenagers thought our mothers had no idea of style/ fashion and now we are getting it back from our own children..!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know- what goes around comes around LOL

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. They make me smile!