Saturday 2 July 2011

Love sweets??? Rountrees share bags review




We love sweets in this house. To be exact my OH can sit and demolish a pack of wine gums in about 10 minutes. It doesn't matter when we nip to the shop a bag of sweets will find its way into our bag!!!

Anyway we were sent some of the NEW Rountrees share bags to try. Share being the operative word and something my OH can struggle with once a bag of  sweets are opened.

I opened our lovely package to find these new packs.



Very exciting as the kids 'bagsied' the alien ones within seconds....only to be told that really to do a review we all had to try some from each of the bags!


It was all going swimmingly until my youngest became ill before we could try any..........it was almost unbearable to wait until he was better, but we thought it would be very unfair of us to be scoffing whilst he couldn't eat anything. So we waited, and waited, and waited.........until he felt better enough to try them.



So a few facts:




Jelly Aliens - contains 25% fruit juice

Sour faces/ Very Berry Jellies - both contain 50% fruit juice

ALL 3 BAGS   contain no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives!!



VERDICT:

A huge thumbs up from all of us. The kids absolutely loved the Jelly Aliens and the randoms ( especially looking for the new shapes!)but the grown up favourites were definitely the Very Berry Jellies ( definitely very fruity)and the Sour faces ( which really made us pull faces)!!

Rountrees have been around for a while, since 1881 in fact! So how many of their products do you remember?

Fruit Pastilles
Fruit gums ( my all time favourites)
Tooty Frooties
Jelly Tots
Randoms (introduced only 3 years ago)



Although I haven't been around since 1881 I very much remember them all!

So that only leaves me with 1 burning question...............

CAN YOU PUT A FRUIT PASTILLE IN YOUR MOUTH WITHOUT CHEWING IT????

3 comments:

  1. No, I can't! I've tried and tried but, as the ad used to go.... Gotta chewwwwww!! I hope you all enjoyed your scoff fest, jammy beggars! Glad your youngest made a full recovery too. How hard was it to wait??!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your son got better quickly to try the sweets:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stigmum- glad i'm not the only one then!! Swwets were yum.......made even more yum by the wait! LOL

    Clairejustine- couldn't have started without him, I would have felt very cruel!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. They make me smile!