Thursday 7 July 2011

Horrid Henry Screening

We had the chance to go to the screening of Horrid Henry 3D in Haymarket London on Sunday. I had arranged for myself and my 2 boys to go. Unfortunately my youngest had a short notice audition and couldn't make it, so my eldest took a friend instead.

So here's what it's all about:



Synopsis



The first ever British kid’s movie to be filmed in 3D, Horrid Henry: The Movie stars Anjelica Huston as Henry’s terrifying teacher Miss Battle-Axe, alongside, Rebecca Front as Henry’s headmistress Ms Oddbod and Richard E Grant as rival headmaster Vic Van Wrinkle, with Parminder Nagra as Miss Lovely, Noel Fielding makes an appearance as Killer Boy Rats’ frontman Ed Banger, joining Jo Brand as the Demon Dinner Lady, Matthew Horne as Henry’s Dad and Prunella Scales as Great Aunt Greta. And introducing new young stars, including Scarlett Stitt as Moody Margaret, Ross Marron as Perfect Peter and Theo Stevenson leads in the title role as Horrid Henry.

Horrid Henry: The Movie in 3D is released in cinemas on 29th July 2011.


Take a look at the trailer to get an idea of what your going to see.


The boys enjoyed it although it seemed a bit young for  them ( they are both 13 years old) however they were chuckling throughout! My youngest though would have loved it! It would have captured his sense of humour.

As a parent I thought that Anjelica Huston was brilliant as the infamous Miss Battle-Axe! And watch out for the hilarious Jo Brand as the most disgusting dinner lady you will ever come across!!

If your child is a Horrid Henry fan, either from the books or the cartoon, they will enjoy this. It is a classic Horrid Henry adventure!

6 comments:

  1. My husband and I are drawing straws to see who has to sit through this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mum of all trades- LOL we tend to do that but as our boys are getting older the films are getting better to watch!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think I will sit outside with a coffee whilst the boys go in and watch this one. Like yours my 11 year old will enjoy more but the 13 year old has read all the books in the past so you never know x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son loves Horrid Henry books. He's only 8.Do you think he would be too young to go to this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... you're never too old for Horrid Henry! I LOVED reading those books over and over to WiiBoy!

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mammy Dolittle- he would be perfect age for this! x

    jazzygal- me too but you definitely have to prepare yourself for this!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. They make me smile!