Yes I have been missing in action from my blog for a week to go camping down towards the south coast.
With our new tent packed and meeting friends there, it was hopefully going to be a whole different experience than our 1st attempt.......remember the horrendous weather last August? Yes, we were camping in it!!!!!
However, looking on the bright side it was going to be great. For a start we had fabulous weather, and my Factor 25 was used several times.
We set up camp and took over a whole corner of the field, marking our territory and claiming our space. We had all mucked in together as I struggle with any heavy lifting etc and after about 3 hours we were settled in and comfortable.
We also had a fab day trip to Battle to visit the site of the 1066 Battle of Hastings, well worth a visit as the kids had a great time learning about the battle and what used to be there. They were able to run around and climb in and out of the old buildings and on the battlefield itself.
And then of course you have the obligatory visit to the beach!!
So what was different?
1. It was sunny and warm!
2. We went with friends
3.Instead of being huddled up inside by 7pm we were all sitting out (kids playing in park) and lots of alcohol was consumed!! Which makes looking at the stars fun :)
4. Drinking a cuppa in the morning whilst trying to find a seat in the shade!
5. The amount of room in our tent....so much bigger than the last one.
6. Having a toilet to use during the night ( I bloody hate having to wander down a long field to the toilet block in the middle of the night in the dark!)
7. No TV on or video games for 5 whole days for the boys, and they had a great time!
8. It was sunny and dry and warm..................have I mentioned that :)
Anyway enough said, so roll on August when we are booked to camp at an 80's festival in Henley!!! Hopefully with another camping trip in between!