Friday 4 March 2011

Tricked by a 12yr old!!

My oldest is 12 years old. On the face of it he's normally an honest boy so generally I trust him to tell me the truth. Before the half term holiday he casually mentioned that he had a test coming up for one of his subjects and he would have to revise. This opened a whole new discussion to the fact that revision IS actually homework!! Which generally came as a complete shock to him.

Anyway he set himself a revision target for a certain amount of time each day, which I thought stupidly was very commendable. He generally is very lazy when it comes to schoolwork so I was suitably impressed at the time. Low and behold each day over the holidays he stuck to his word and revised without too much protesting.

However, last night when I popped in to put him to bed and have a chat I noticed his school book on the bedside table. Knowing what he's like at forgetting things I casually picked up the book and asked if he needed it for the next day.That's when the bubble burst! I had been so impressed by his unusual commitment and organisation that I was completely blinded by the fact that he is still a 12 yr old boy. So it was only when I picked up the exercise book and a copy of Horrible Histories- Blackout in the Blitz fell out I realised I had been duped with the oldest trick in the bloody book (no pun intended).

He denied it of course and only time will tell when he takes the test today. If he answers questions on different cultural beliefs with The Blitz most memorable facts I will know the truth!!

Note to self: do not underestimate the little angel face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. They make me smile!