Monday 29 August 2011

Muffin tops must go!

After the kids have been off soooo long now and there has been many a day out, nights away, festivals etc etc and that can mean only one thing..................lots of food, unhealthy food, yummy picnics with cakes and biscuits, lots of over sized ice creams (it is supposed to be summer you know!).
                                   
However, that's so not good for my already established muffin tops that seemed to have expanded into fully grown over sized family sponges!!!! No longer can they be squeezed into already snug fitting jeans and the tops have begun to get longer and more spacious.
                                        
So after our great overnight stay in Dover at the weekend to go to the castle for a birthday trip for the OH, which came with a very yummy dinner and pudding and an all you can eat continental and cooked breakfast!!! That just about pushed me over the edge. The dreaded 'D' word was mentioned which pretty much throws me into a panic as the mere mention of the word tends to make me think of food............................................all the time, more than I normally would and leaves me literally wanting to eat everything in sight!!

So it has been collectively decided ( that means generally I have decided and my OH has no choice but to join in as I am the main cook!) that we should be on a 'healthy eating' regime. Not a restrictive diet but more of  portion control with a few healthy choices thrown in and an odd treat here and there (instead of everyday).
                                             
That started yesterday and for me it has gone OK so far as my OH have been at work over the bank Holiday working very extended days. However tomorrow is his birthday, and a chocolate cake has already been acquired so this could go rapidly downhill from here!

I have also been approached by Think Slimmer to try their 'Drop a jean size' Slimpod that should be coming soon. So with that and the fact I have started to use my Slendertone again I'm hopeful that I should shift a few pounds. However, I'm restricted with exercise due to having M.E so trying to be active around the house is exercise enough for me so hoping that will help a little.

So my motto is going to be 'Everything in moderation'!!!!

That way I wont get over obsessed by the food I'm trying not to eat so much of. I have been good for 2 days and tomorrow will go downhill but hopefully I will be back on track Wednesday.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I so know that feeling! Good luck with your plan, nothing has worked for me! I'm just hoping that a return to school and routine will mean a return to some kind of mormality.

    xx Jazzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every thing in moderation is a good sensible plan.

    Jac
    Little Tums
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will join you! Sounds much better and smarter than a restrictive diet! Because we all know how well those usually turn out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jazzy........me too! lol

    Jacqueline.....Hi, I'm hoping so but i'm so not great on willpower!

    Lindsay.....Oh good someone else too hope your willpower is much better than mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant do diets, and am in awe of people who can! Wishing you the very bestvof luck xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. They make me smile!